Manager, UX Design (UX Writing)
Area of expertise:
You enjoy leading and reviewing customer engagements, managing the delivery of UX and creative deliverables on projects, ensuring that deliverables and solutions meet clients’ and users’ specified goals with efficiency, effectiveness, and a quality client experience.
About the job
This role will focus on design-oriented work, as well as managing engagements with responsibilities for review of outputs, timelines, and budgets. Your role also will help translate strategic high-level direction into business strategies and process to achieve goals.
- Your days will be a mix of design, client and people management and will include:
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of research practices, taking responsibility for planning, execution and reporting of high-quality research.
- Provide expert UX guidance & work in conjunction with Design.
- Studio leadership to continually develop the Avanade UX & Design offering.
- Responsible for the delivery of, including the activities that inform Wireframes, Prototypes, IA, User Journeys, Personas, Design backlogs.
- Confident in leading Information Architecture projects, taking ownership of the process.
- Deep knowledge of design strategy and its execution from discovery to delivery.
- Actively support Studio leadership and represent the studio at a management level with client facing activities, including project planning, pitching, presentations and workshops.
- Have a continuous improvement focus, leading Avanade to becoming the best Experience Design team in Australia.
- Leadership responsibility, managing junior staff, mentoring and providing training to aid in their career development.
- Lead best practice UX Writing and product content strategy and UX Writing processes.
You are an experienced UX Designer who has had experience leading small teams, conducting day to day management activities and responsible for client relationships and engagements. Your UX writing and content strategy skills would be advantageous.
You’ll likely have six or more years of relevant UX experience and a bachelor’s degree in design, research or behavioural sciences, or other similar degrees.
Your experience includes:
- A couple of years’ experience leading small teams.
- Some agency experience is advantageous.
- Tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, Optimal Workshop.
- Knowledge of user experience disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability, and content strategies.
- Experience facilitating workshops – ideally with LUMA.
- Front end development experience would be ideal but not mandatory.
- Project Management experience would also be advantageous.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.