Consulting Project Manager
Area of expertise:
Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realise results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 50,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. More details on Avanade can be found at .
This is an opportunity for a consultative Project Manager to deliver cutting edge Microsoft based solutions, leveraging agile delivery principles alongside modern technology to deliver significant commercial advantage to our clients.
The consulting Project Manager is a role for ambitious high-performers. Successful candidates will benefit from enhanced career and personal development opportunities in multiple disciplines including commercial, program and business leadership.
• Managing the full lifecycle of complex business intelligence projects from pre-sales and bid support through to discovery, estimation, development, testing, deployment and post-implementation review.
• Delivery of the project to time, cost and quality.
• Ownership of risks and issues to resolution.
• Forming partnerships with highly skilled technical resources, both onshore and offshore, and working closely to deliver the scope of the project.
• Challenging technical decisions and estimates from a project management perspective.
• Understanding technical concepts and being able to explain them to business stakeholders.
• Managing all aspects of project delivery including project planning, resourcing, milestone tracking, commercial management and customer satisfaction.
• Presenting updates within client project boards.
• Identifying further opportunities within clients and ensuring their progression.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
· Prior experience of managing medium to large (€100k - €1m+) projects in a consulting environment.
· Exposure to delivering cloud-based solutions, preferably Microsoft Azure.
· Demonstrable record of delivering within a matrix managed environment using both onshore and offshore teams.
· Strong experience in the management of risks, issues and dependencies.
· Background experience in a technical discipline such as software development, Infrastructure Platform implementations.
· Experience in delivering to a contract and able to hold commercial conversations with internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills with experience including stakeholder management, commercial negotiation, business writing and delivery of presentations.
· Strong education to degree level.
Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.