Senior Data Management Consultant
Area of expertise:
In this role you will be part of the Data & AI Business Consulting at Avanade, you should be comfortable working across strategy and delivery-focussed work, leveraging your problem-solving experience to act as a force multiplier in our data-driven client engagements across multiple industry verticals.
As a Data Management Consultant, you will help our clients redefine how they perform Data Governance and Management. This will involve understanding their current challenges, limitations and constraints in order to define their future processes, service architecture, outcomes and operating models.
This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage technical and business stakeholders from executives through to operational roles - to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME); can design the services that support cross-domain realisation of data governance and management needs, and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Working with clients to understand their data governance needs - undertaking requirements gathering through interviews, process documentation and process assessment.
- Distilling a complex data governance and management landscape into a simple set of priority requirements that can be cleanly articulated and so realised, and strongly aligned with key initiatives of value for the client business.
- Working alongside technical experts to deliver recommended solutions and bridge the gap between the business and technical teams.
- Engaging in both advisory and delivery projects, from defining clients’ transformation strategies, to supporting the full lifecycle of delivery projects
- Assessing the maturity of organisations’ existing data governance capability
- Governance and Data Management process and controls framework design, supporting the wider development and mobilisation of an organisations’ Data Governance framework.
- Leading workshops and trainings for client education, communication and mobilisation.
- Ability to work on different styles of engagements such as product development, technical delivery and advisory.
- Supporting the development of client bids, presentations of proposals and eminence.
- Mentoring and leading other team members.
- Collaborating effectively with clients to solve key business problems and challenges by framing the problem, developing a vision, and building a roadmap to deliver..
- Able to identify the root cause business problems within the scope of an engagement...
- Becoming a trusted advisor by building long-term relationships with clients, working with them on developing long-term strategies around data and technology and helping bring them to fruition.
- Proactively coaches Avanade and client team members when appropriate.
You are the type of person who might enjoy:
- Thinking broader than just the question or problem being presented.
- Seeking out problems, and distilling them into digestible concepts..
- Operating in detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Capable of identifying the true pain points within a client’s initial ask.
- Working in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Aligning and influencing people to gain a consensus.
- Being inquisitive and curious about new technologies.
You might have had the following experience:
- At least 5 years working in a professional services company or as an applied knowledge worker.
- An interesting data, advanced analytics, data science, technology, and business intelligence background.
- Have a strong core consulting skillset: problem solving, framing complex ideas, and thinking strategically.
- Strong professional experience in Data Governance, Management & Strategy.
- Experience working with clients to solve key data and technology challenges by providing actionable recommendations..
- Be a force multiplier within our multi-disciplinary delivery teams, by identifying strengths and capabilities of each member and helping them execute.
- Capable of fulfilling a Project Manager or Scrum Master role on smaller engagements..
- Expert level business writing and communication skills.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.