Junior Data Engineer
Area of expertise:
Do you love making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You are a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your experience in bringing data to life to aim sometimes complex problems, and you’re able to use concepts around storing, transforming, and visualizing data along the way.
About the job
As a Junior Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to the business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
• Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouses and storage
• Take part in crafting and running bespoke data services for individual projects
• Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
• Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
• Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
• Build and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
• Help to develop business intelligence tools
• Craft and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
• Travel as required
• You have got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
• Database, storage, collection, and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies – and how to apply them in business
• Employing data visualization tools and techniques
• Experience in structured problem solving
• Strong knowledge of T-SQL and Python
• Superb communication skills
• Ability to use technology to aim business problems using one or more Microsoft Analytics services for building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
• Some project work in an internship or academic environment
• Knowledge of Azure tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DW or Azure SQL
• Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop / Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft BI (Desktop, Service, and Embedded) and DAX query language
• Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning
• Crafting and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another meaningful field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have several years of relevant professional experience.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.