Microsoft Cloud Security Architect
Area of expertise:
Avanade ranked no.1 by Top Employer Institute in Ireland!
Microsoft Cloud Security Architect
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Digital disruption is opening up more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers. That's what we'd love you to do for us. With your vision and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking, we can open up excellent career opportunities for you too.
You offer clients the kind of security that will help them sleep well at night. You’re a creative problem solver, always thinking ahead and spotting risks. Like a digital detective, you uncover and prevent cyber threats to protect businesses from risks they may not even know they face. You’re as happy to work independently as you are supporting junior colleagues.
About the job
Your work is vital for building trust in security. You understand the risks businesses face and how to use the Microsoft Ecosystem to design solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance. As a Security Consultant, you’ll be defending information, critical infrastructure applications and key business processes against cyber threats. You'll examine and tackle complex problems in project work, while supporting new business initiatives and solutions. You’ll most often work alongside leadership, but you’ll also have opportunities to work with colleagues across our business and from client locations.
You know all about security operations, networking, application services, databases and storage solutions, and love working with Microsoft applications.
You have deep technical know-how and experience in designing and implementing Cloud Security solutions, Microsoft Azure Security technologies, including the broader areas of Microsoft Windows security and Microsoft Enterprise, Mobility and Security suite.
The role will involve delivering throughout the project lifecycle and you are comfortable with performing advisory engagements, which involves taking the client on a journey from their current mode of operation to their future method of working. You are specialist in performing discovery and analysis of a client’s current and target state. You are able to design broad security solutions that protect, detect and respond to threats. You are building and integrating the security solutions within the client’s environment. You are writing and executing test scripts. You are ensuring the successful deployment and go live of the solutions and transitioning them to support providers.
You have with a deep and validated understanding of Microsoft Cloud Security technologies.
You will be expected to demonstrate expertise across the areas:
- Azure Security Center/Azure Threat Protection
- Azure AD Identity and Single Sign On capabilities
- Network and Perimeter Security
- Azure Log Analytics and SIEM integration/Azure Key Vault and Encryption
- Windows Server Security and Hardening
- Securing data within Azure, such as Data Lake, Data Bricks and Azure SQL.
As a potential member of our growing Security Consulting practice you have a proven foundation across the Microsoft Security solution stack. Experience and domain expertise in at least three of the technologies listed below is preferred:
- Active Directory Federation Services/Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services/Azure AD Connect
- Microsoft Identity Manager
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Office 365 tenant security
- Office 365 Security/Windows 10 Security
- Azure Information Protection/RMS
- Microsoft Intune
- Data Privacy and an understanding of GDPR
Additionally, you can demonstrate knowledge, experience and ideally hold certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Azure Exams AZ-103, AZ-300, AZ-301, AZ-500, AZ-900
- Microsoft Office365 Exams MS-100, MS-101 MS-500, MS-900
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Exams MD-100, MD-101MCSA
- Expert level certification required
To supplement the technical knowledge and project delivery experience, you come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to collect customer requirements and produce high quality written work. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. As an Architect, you are willing and able to travel extensively within Ireland, potentially across a number of different clients.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training (80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre-requisite. All our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout the Ireland.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.