As an Analyst – Data Engineering, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyze structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our clients achieve business outcomes and objectives.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyse current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing need assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and PowerBI.
- Strong understanding of Azure Data Services and other modern data platforms.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is a bonus.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Data Architecture.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.,).
- Experience in preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP is required for this role.