Product Design Manager
Area of expertise:
About the role
As a client-facing Product Design Manager, you’ll distill business requirements to come up with various design solutions to solve business problems.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Work within a small multi-disciplinary product team. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, content, business and legal folks to find elegant but practical design solutions to business challenges
· Take Ownership of your work, and take full responsibility for every last detail, throughout the entire project lifecycle
· Think critically to rapidly generate design explorations to weigh and pros and cons of different approaches while considering technical constraints and business needs
· Contribute new components to an existing design system, and build a sub level design system
· Create design artifacts that are concise and well-designed, including research reports, personas, scenarios, conceptual models, site maps, functional flows, annotated wireframes and interactive prototypes
· Maintain vigilance on usability and flawless execution throughout the process
· Contribute to improving the agile process within the product team
· Stay current on emerging trends in online consumer behaviour, technologies and design
· Create lasting client relationships based on value, quality, logic, and responsiveness
You’re passionate about solving design problems. You are a critical thinker who can break down a problem and see the root cause. You are able to engage in debates to thoroughly consider which design decision is the most appropriate. You are a strong multi-tasker with exceptional communication skills to articulate design choices to clients and team members. You likely have a portfolio showcasing involvement on several products or digital initiatives for world-class clients.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
· An overall understanding of Internet technology platforms and their potential to express ideas. (HTML, Angular, JSON)
· The ability to prove how design decisions directly led to successful project outcomes
· Prior experience with emerging interaction platforms such as mobile, iPad, touch-screen, Microsoft Surface, kiosks
You likely have a degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or design and eight or more years of experience creating impactful and functional interactive design with multi-disciplinary teams at any known product company, consultancy or enterprise.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.