Sitecore Developer | Northeast Studio
Area of expertise:
Sitecore Developer | Digital Innovation Studios
Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studios, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create trans formative digital experiences for some of the biggest and best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, in North America you can find us in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC, Raleigh, Seattle, and Toronto. And on top of all that, we are Sitecore’s 2021 Global Partner of Year.
About the Role
As a Sitecore developer, you will design, develop, and deliver software solutions on the .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology. You will have an active hands-on role working closely with our clients & internal teams to deliver solutions that best leverage the capabilities of Sitecore while pairing them with the needs of the client problem.
As you grow your career at Avanade you will build strong management, technical and planning skills. You will improve your abilities to think creatively, design end to end solutions, and interact with customers. You will also hone your technical, management and consulting skills by participating in large cutting-edge projects and benefiting from the vast knowledge of a collaborative team.
- Participate in end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of digital solutions using Sitecore CMS. Partner closely with our project managers, business analysts, QA teams and solution architects to deliver high quality, high performing solutions on time and on budget for our clients.
- Work closely with our clients and business partners (UX designers, content team, analytics team, product managers, etc) to propose design and implement system solution.
- Provide assistance to support teams during troubleshooting and issue triage, helping to resolve issues and identify gaps that would need remediation.
- Draft technical specifications, system architectures, development approaches, and testing solutions
- Work and collaborate with the extended team including offshore resources.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
You have a strong understanding of the project and software development lifecycle and are obsessed with writing great code. You are self-motivated and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You most likely have 3+ years of software development experience in developing, implementing and supporting enterprise level solutions (object-oriented design, distributed systems, web services, etc) with at least 2+ years of experience in developing solutions using Sitecore CMS utilizing ASP.NET MVC, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, Visual Studio, LINQ,.· Familiar with Sitecore application setup, front end, back-end development, package deployment and admin activities.
· Working knowledge of Design Patterns, XML/JSON and using and consuming 3rd party web services/APIs (SOAP, REST, etc).
· Familiar with Agile software development principles & practices (scrum, backlog, etc).
· Experience with source control systems like GIT.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
· Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent years experience.
If you have the following, that’s awesome! If not, we will train you:· Sitecore Certification, preferably in ver. 9.x
· Experience with Sitecore version 9.x+
· Experience developing Sitecore solutions using the Helix architectural guidelines.
· Experience with Sitecore item serialization using TDS or Unicorn.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.