Senior Marketer - Retail & Consumer Goods Sector
Area of expertise:
About the role
Did you know that Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem? For our employees we offer a chance to bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees.
To rethink how you build, manage and evolve digital maturity to repeatedly renew and grow is not easy. Avanade’s cross-industry insights, end-to-end digital expertise, and privileged access to Microsoft means we are perfectly placed to help our clients adapt at speed to meet the increasingly virtual needs of their customers, employees and partners and to sustain resilient growth through continual change. It is Avanade’s vision to bring transformation and innovation to every industry and we are looking for an experienced industry marketer, specializing in the Retail and Consumer Goods industries, to join Avanade’s Global Industry Marketing team and help us hit our ambitious business goals.
Do you want to take ownership of Avanade’s global Retail and Consumer Goods industry marketing strategy and make your mark?
The Retail and Consumer Goods Marketing Lead - Global Solutions and Industry Marketing, will lead the creation and coordination of the go-to-market approaches for Retail and Consumer Goods. This will be accomplished by:
- Continually driving the “Voice of the Customer” using “outside in” approaches to message, story and asset development
- Taking ownership of the Retail and Consumer Goods marketing vision. Key to this will be your ability to analyse our competition and use the insight you create to differentiate Avanade in the market.
- Partnering with Avanade’s Global Campaign team and supporting them through campaign creation and activation as they drive your vision to generate demand through the creation of Retail and Consumer Goods industry content that aligns to Avanade’s Global GTM campaigns, ensuring creation of distinctive industry content that generates client (and alliance) discussions.
- Generating messaging and content for a wide variety of communications vehicles including video, thought leadership, whitepapers, infographics, blogs and social media.
- Creating strong networks of Avanade industry SMEs, to grow the reputation of Avanade’s industry marketing credentials both within Avanade and with the market.
- Building strong relationships with Senior Avanade Leadership on industry strategy and initiatives.
- Close collaboration with Accenture and Microsoft’s Retail and Consumer Goods Marketing teams to ensure alignment and agree joint marketing strategies and programs, with particular focus on Accenture Microsoft Business Group’s focus offerings.
- Supporting content creation and messaging for Global Retail and Consumer Goods industry events.
- Driving market development by engaging with the analyst community, influential industry organizations, press, and social media
- Commissioning market insight research to both better understand market drivers as they relate to the Retail and Consumer Goods industries and to validate marketing messages with target buyers
- Acting as the global Retail and Consumer Goods marketing subject matter expert (SME), able to outline the landscape of market drivers and competitors, so you can provide guidance to field marketing, sales and other stakeholders
- Knowing the space well enough to gain the respect of other key partners such as those responsible for designing, delivering, managing complementary Retail and Consumer Goods solutions
- Being able to work in virtual and cross functional teams against a common goal, which will include other marketing functions (partners, alliances, communications) as well as those outside of marketing.
The individual will report to the Director of Global Industry Marketing.
Experience, qualifications and attributes
- 15 years relevant experience. Industry Marketing roles within software, technology or professional service providers is highly valued.
- A marketer first, that is passionate and able to quickly grasp and communicate the marketing implications of an ever-evolving technology – and industry – landscape
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization, proven to be able to manage multiple stakeholders and complex projects to successful completion.
- You will be a team player able to bring energy and enthusiasm to your work
- Be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the retail and consumer goods space, competitor go-to-market strategies and core offerings.
- Proven track record in leading messaging development, engagement with analyst community, and driving industry marketing
- Relevant MBA or equivalent experience
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.