Area of expertise:
About the role
Avanade Digital Innovation Studio is looking for an experienced Scrum Master who is passionate about applying Agile principles and techniques to ensure their teams success. Your role will be to provide support to the team using a servant leadership style (whenever possible) and lead by example to ensure the team can progress and perform to their highest potential. You should be able to demonstrate skills in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for ensuring that your team performs to the best of their ability by applying the Scrum framework to ensure customer satisfaction. You will guide your team and the organization on Scrum / Agile practices and values to ensure client satisfaction of the product that will be delivered.
Day-to-day you will:
- Facilitate scrum events: Standup, Refinement, Planning, Review, Retrospective
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist compiling sprint and project metrics
- Instruct and guide team members in Scrum, Agile, and SAFe practices
- Monitor the work and process in Azure DevOps
- Guide the scrum team with breaking down and creating clear user stories
- Ensure the adequate handling of all backlog items
- You will also support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
You coach your team to ensure that they are self-organized. You know how to assess your team’s maturity to be able to help them improve. You remove impediments by escalating these or guiding the team to overcome them by providing adequate advice on the resolution. You facilitate your team to get their work completed without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
Your skills and qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university (Information Technology preferred).
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Previous Scrum Master experience for a software development team that applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and/or experience working with the SAFe framework.
- Previous experience as a team lead.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.