Modern Workplace Security Architect
Area of expertise:
Microsoft Modern Workplace Security Architect (#27502)
Do you have a passion for providing people with a good security experience? So do we.
Digital disruption is opening up more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers and the ever evolving threat landscape is attempting to get in the way of our clients being able to make the most of this new way of working. Clients need improved, seamless security that provides a good employee and customer experience. That's what we'd love you to do for us. With your vision and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking, we can open up excellent career opportunities for you too.
If you have deep technical skills and experience in designing and implementing Microsoft Security solutions, both within Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure and through Windows Server suite this role is for you. You will be able to obtain UK Security Clearance, and ideally will have held this previously.
You offer clients the kind of security that improves the way they operate, designing and deploying creative security solutions that protect identities and their information whilst enable flexible working. You’re a creative problem solver, always thinking ahead and spotting risks. With a business and experience focus, you uncover and prevent cyber threats to protect businesses from risks whilst delivering improved ways of working. You’re a leader in the space of Workplace Security with a deep understanding of the project and solutions lifecycle, designing and estimating solutions that not just meet our clients, but far exceed their expectations.
About the role
Working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects and clients; the role of the Microsoft Modern Workplace Security Architect is a mixture of security solutions pre-sales as well as to be customer-facing and to play an active role in transforming our client’s Security on their Microsoft platforms by building trust with our clients and leading our teams through successful deliveries.
The role will involve architecting and estimating security solutions and ensuring they are deliverable. Throughout the project lifecycle we expect you to be present and trusted expert leading and guiding our teams and the delivery of the solutions you and the other members of the Security Pre-Sales have solutioned. You should be comfortable with project delivery from performing discovery, analysis, design, build, test and deployment of solutions. You should be a leader and trusted advisor to our clients, being a significant presence in any meeting, bringing the voice of Security Risk to our clients and our colleagues, helping them to identify and mitigate risk with innovative security solutions. You should be comfortable leading workshops and presenting to large audiences, demonstrating your thought leadership. You should be passionate about supporting and developing other members of the team, both junior and senior, helping them to know what you know, and learning from others that understand things that you may not.
You have a deep and validated understanding of Microsoft Security technologies. You will be expected to demonstrate experience and deep expertise across at least 4 of the areas below and to have fully working knowledge of all of the areas below and how they interact:
- Active Directory
- Azure Identity Management and Azure AD Premium
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager for Windows 10, iOS, Android and MacOS
- Microsoft Information Protection
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Office 365 Security
- Windows 10 Security
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Azure Security, including Azure Sentinel
As a potential leader within our growing Security Consulting practice, you have demonstrable security understanding and solution architecture experience in the areas below is required:
- Identity Federation capabilities (SSO)
- Public and Private Key Services (PKI)
- Hybrid Identity
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Risk based access control
- Remote Access Security
- Internet Security
- Identity, Governance and Administration
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Privileged Access Management
- Cloud Security
- Securing Windows Servers and Clients
- Data Loss Prevention
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Frameworks (such as ISO and NIST)
Additionally, you can demonstrate knowledge, experience and hold at least 2 certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Security Exams
- Please list any other security qualifications
As a solution architect, and a senior member within our growing security business, you should have demonstrable experience in the following soft skill areas:
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with managing and developing a team
- Experience developing assets, offerings and new ways of working that reduces time and cost of doing business.
- Good understanding of how a consulting business operates
- Thought leadership and a strong desire to help people understand the security risks and opportunities for our clients
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate encouraging and securing trust with colleagues and clients
- Responsive and efficient in carrying out your responsibilities
To supplement the technical knowledge, solution architect and project delivery experience, you come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to connect with customers and understand their requirements and produce high quality written work. You will have a passion for growing your own career and those around you. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. As an Architect, you are willing and able to travel extensively within the UK and Ireland, potentially across a number of different clients. You will be able to obtain UK Security Clearance, and ideally will have held this previously.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre-requisite. Whilst this role is solution architecture focused, you should be willing and able to travel to client sites as required.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.