Cyber Defense Consultant
Area of expertise:
Cyber Defense Consultant
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity?
Distinctive experiences. Limitless learning. Ambitious growth. That’s what you get when you choose to join and build your career at Avanade.
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Cyber Defense consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Cyber Defense business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice:
In a client-facing consultancy role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Cyber Defense strategy and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients. Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Cyber Defense space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
You are a Cyber Defense Consultant, interested in joining our security practice, and:
- Are experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
- Are talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
- Are experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
- collaborate within a large global organization
- Take full accountability to lead and manage work streams and ensure work is coordinated across different work streams, processes, or projects.
- Create and validate the detailed design of solution components in accordance with the target solution within environments of medium size and complexity
- Lead small to medium project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements)
- Are highly regarded individual who proactivity builds trust with clients at multiple levels, sought out for follow on work
- Prepare well written, logical, concise material without guidance
- Identify new or extend current opportunities at the account level and contribute to upsell.
- Present well to audiences of all sizes and challenges client assumptions constructively
- Complete defined work streams on time, on budget and with expected quality level within the scope of the role.
- Makes internal contributions to practice
- You solve complex problems that span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- You have wide scope for autonomous decision-making within established work plans.
- You develop a strong client relationship and contribute to sales outcomes.
- You work well under guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work.
- You identify utilities, tools or processes to improve project development.
- You structure and deliver work results against defined standards and maintain structured, accurate and current work records
What We Need:
Subject matter expert, who has experience working on the Microsoft platform along with:
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to protect, detect and response to cyber incidents on endpoints across all major operating systems.
- Proven experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks, such as Phishing as well as from more sophisticated attacks such as Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft.
- Proven experience with user and entity behavioral analytics and how these services can be used to identify and defend against identity compromise.
- Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest.
- Proven experience performing use case development and rules that can be applied to consolidate events across disparate systems and used to identify an attack chain across systems.
- Proven experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- A deep understanding of incident response processes and techniques for cyber recovery.
- A deep understanding of security operations centers, their functions and roles.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft platforms across Windows, Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Experienced in managed security services, incident response and security advisory.
- A good understanding of techniques and approaches used by threat actors to compromise companies.
- A good understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied to help customers improve their cyber defense.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding client data and able to articulate and understand the types of assets that would be seen as valuable and susceptible to attack.
- With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in Defense space.
Microsoft skills & experience
- M365 Threat Protection (Security Center, MCAS, Defender for endpoint, Office 365, Identity)
Third Party tools & cross platform related experience
- Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Administrator
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Responder
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Hunter
- ZCCA-IA - Cloud Administrator Internet Access
- ZCCA-PA - Cloud Administrator Private Access
- AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- SC-900 Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
● Reward and recognition program
● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to results for clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/ Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.