Business Development - Direct Origination Team
Area of expertise:
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative, and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - We are making life better for our clients and their customers.
As part of our Direct Origination Team, in a highly strategic Business Development role focused on selling Microsoft Solution Assessments, you will be responsible for leading and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new business opportunities. You will also work closely with the Microsoft sales teams to drive new leads. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them, and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings, and current penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining access to key business decision makers and generating C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace
- Understanding the needs of your partners, particularly Microsoft, and marshaling the right resources
- Meeting with potential clients to grow, maintain, and demonstrate relationships
- Applying and demonstrating the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling, and account management practices
- Using detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience, develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners
- Responsible for shepherding the various Assessments from beginning to end and being part of the solutioning team for follow on engagements
- Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed
You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with energy, drive, and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish strong relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, Microsoft counterparts, clients, and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Validated experience selling Microsoft Solution Assessments
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Working effectively with Accenture, Microsoft, and other partners to grow their book of business
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to qualified clients
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities
- Hunter business development experience with sophisticated closure capabilities
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics
- Driving sales in a solutions-selling environment from the managerial to the C-suite level
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.