Business Application Strategy Consultant - Retail
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About The Role
As part of our Advisory practice, you’ll open our client’s eyes to the opportunities and challenges presented by the Microsoft ecosystem guiding them as we help transform their business. The Advisory team provides strategic advice and uses technology advancements (e.g., data and analytics, intelligent automation, Cloud, ERP/CRM etc.) to drive business transformation. We deliver our broad range of Advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
In your role, you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate in engagements advising clients at strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how business application technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will
- Work with our portfolio of exciting clients to support them in transforming their business using business applications technology, with a focus on the Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem.
- Support in strategy, assessments, vision & road maps, and business cases as well as provide data driven informational workshops and presentations.
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation.
- Leverage your experience in specific domains (Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing) and/or Industries (Retail / Production) to provide recommendations to the client about process optimization
- Deliver the initial stages of the project lifecycle for Business Application/ERP projects (scoping, strategy, discovery, analysis, design, and planning).
- Identify, develop, and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions, and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- A Degree, preferably (technical) business administration, organizational science, econometry, business informatics or similar
- 3-5 years of consulting or advisory experience
- Knowledge and experience of working with ERP (preferred Microsoft AX or DYN365)
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: retail, supply chain management, manufacturing
- Affinity with working in (international) implementation projects
- Able to rapidly understand business processes and bring experience in how to optimize these
- An understanding of how to collect and generate insight from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following transformation design capabilities; (IT) operating model design, business process reengineering, business case development and/or enterprise function consulting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing, in Dutch or English.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent career progression, with a focus on your strengths and coaching from senior colleagues.
- An attractive salary and on-target compensation plan.
- Work alongside Avanade specialists who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges across the globe with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools.
- Access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
- Access to our network of start-ups and partners.
- Opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business, and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.